Financial Help   Juggling  


Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit

If you're on a low income, whether you're working or not, and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

Council Tax Benefit provides equivalent help for council tax.
Both Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit include a carer premium in their calculation, in the same way as Income Support. Again to get the benefit of this extra allowance you must have made a claim for Carers Allowance.

Each application for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit is individual to the person applying. You can check your eligibility for Housing Tax Benefit at the following link:-

You may be entitled to Council Tax reductions if you are a carer. The following link gives in-depth in information about council tax reductions and information about applying for reductions:-

Back to benefits


Home l About Us l Support Us l Contact Us
Updated Sept2011